Monday, February 21, 2011

change

As a house we've begun reading Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth. In the past, I've not been one for book clubs nor spiritual guidance, so I was a little apprehensive about this book experience. But- I said yes to the opportunity for a new challenge a long time ago, and I'm really grateful I did.
I've only just begun the book, but a few excerpts that have me really excited about what else is to come:

"Superficiality is the curse of our age. The doctrine of instant satisfaction is a primary spiritual problem. The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people but for deep people." (1)

WHAT a great beginning! I'm hooked.

"Our world is hungry for genuinely changed people. Leo Tolstoy observed, 'Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.' Let up be among those who believe that the inner transformation of our lives is a goal worthy of our best effort." (9)

2 comments:

  1. Who wrote it?? It sounds intriguing just based on the title and the few excerpts you posted here.

    ReplyDelete